What are Report Types?
Report Type helps to identify which table,which fields are included in Remedyforce/Salesforce Report.There are number of Report types which are shipped with Remedyforce. The object could be made reportable by checking allow reportable on custom object.
In this tutorial we will look at how to use report type and how to create some useful report types Using report type is like connecting 2 tables “inner join” and “Outer joins” to pull record.
Which Report Type am I using?
This is located here
You pick the report type while creating report be careful on what you pick as the data set returned would vary on what you pick
How to create custom report type?
There is always a situation where you may not find the report type which is available out of box.
- Report on few common examples
- Incidents with Notes (action history)
- Incidents with or without tasks
- Service Request with or without tasks
- Incidents by any user fields
- Approval reports
In this example we will see how to create example 2 Incidents with Action History (Notes,emails or any other action)
- Login as Administrator > Go to Setup > Build > Create > Report Type
- Select New Report Type say “Incidents with Action History”
- Select Deployment Status to “Deployed” this will make it available for reporting
- Select Secondary Object Action History and pick option “A” in this use case
- Your report type is ready for use
- Go to Reports tab >Click on New Report >
- Pick columns you need and group by field. Apply other filters as needed.
Advance Report type settings (optional)
You can add more related fields on report for which you will have to add formulae otherwise. You can also easily manage fields.
Example – in this report I would like to pull Clients City, Department and Company
I do not have custom fields and I do not want to add custom fields for this as it is overhead on limited resources.
- In Same Report Type
- Click on “Edit Layout”
- You can remove fields from this layout – this will just remove fields on reports field list making it easy to find what you need.
- In this case we are looking for Clients Department ,city and company which is not in Incident object
- Select Edit Layout
- Select “Add fields related via lookup”
- Now add a Report using this Report type just like what we did above
- Notice you have these fields available.
- We have saved resources by not creating custom fields 🙂
Hope this takes you to step closer for getting reporting matrix.